Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Cereal Bowl

This is my own fault, I understand.  I am the one who has cleaned up the breakfast table after most have headed off to school.  But no more!  This is a new year!  My perfectly capable 9 year old can take a bowl of milk and dump it into a bucket (for whatever lucky animal it gets fed to outside :-) and place it in a dishwasher!  Well, she apparently is having a difficult time remembering to do this.  I told her a couple times this morning.  But there it was.  One bowl, 32 Rice Krispies that didn't get into her mouth and a few puddles of milk begging me to clean it up.  It took all my effort to leave it there.  She must learn to clean up after herself!  When we returned the maid had not been there to clean up after us (she's fired :-).  So, I told her it was her job.  A stinky bowl of milk and crusted on rice Krispies is far worse than if she had done it right away!  Baby steps....hopefully this sank in!  To her credit however, she got up, made her bed, did her Bible study without complaint for the 4th day in a row (not counting Saturday as we woke them early to take a long trip, letting the routine go for the day!)  She also organized one small area of her room today, yeah!  I am thinking I need to take some before and after pictures of that!

The Lord put something on my heart to write beyond cereal bowls, but I am going to have to wait until tomorrow to write that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job keeping at it!