Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gummy Bears

I don't know if you've ever judged grocery carts, but I'll admit I do from time to time think to myself  "wow, that cart is full of junk!"  Well, I was walking around the store the other day afraid of grocery cart judgers!  As it was our turn to provide the Kindergarten class with snacks for the week, my cart was full of all kinds of fun things!   My grocery budget doesn't typically allow for too many prepackaged snacks, but this is what we were picking out today.  The thing that I really thought would make people wonder about me, is the 4 pound bag of Gummy Bears I had in my cart.  This was not for the Kindergarteners, but for us.  You see, I have found that sometimes it is just easier to get going in the morning when there is just a small little something you love waiting for you.  For me, I can get out of bed in the morning not only excited about the quietness of the morning, but because of warm, yummy coffee!  I decided to reward the kids with a couple of gummy bears when they complete their list of things to do, and then they get another one for saying the verse they are memorizing that week.  It is just a small little something to help reinforce good habits.  So while their teeth might decay, I pray their souls won't!

By the way, I promise not to judge your cart if I bump into you at the grocery store.   I am sure yours will be healthier than mine anyway!

No comments: