Friday, January 11, 2013

Making Progress

After our first full week of implementing our plan of making beds, getting dressed and doing their Bible Study before they get breakfast I am happy to see that the two oldest have fallen into this pattern.  They have been doing a great job and I am very proud of them.  My daughter decided she does not like alarm clocks, but her brother is nice enough to wake her up after he wakes up.   I do have have a couple of children who are still struggling with this plan.  Well, one I've just decided to eliminate from this plan until he can just learn to go an entire breakfast without crying because of a wrong bowl color, wrong kind of breakfast, wrong chair available, wrong blanket positioning etc.  The other one really needs  to learn to follow along this plan.  I let him eat breakfast this morning before completing his tasks.  We did Bible study together while he ate.  He has some anger issues which are heightened when he is tired or hungry which is usually the combination he wakes up with.  He is also the one who randomly will wake up and make his bed beautifully and perfectly before this was even asked of him and come down as proud as can be.  So I am going to have a heart to heart with him this weekend and get him on board with the plan once again. 

Our other goal for this month was cleaning up after oneself.  This is still a struggle.  They are getting better, but I still often have to remind them.  I am going to work on more consistent consequences for things being left out.  So I hope we can continue to maintain and improve on these things in the coming weeks!


No comments: