Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First Day

Well the first day went fine.  That is usually how it is when we start something new.  It goes great for at least one or two days, then the resistance, the grumbling begins.  They now have an alarm clock.  It is up to them to wake up and take care of things.  However, I do have a sound sleeper.  Even Toby Mac on high was not enough to arouse him, so I may have to go to a really loud annoying buzzer for him.  I really wanted to pile more things on them, but I am really trying to start off slow this time.  Morning routine, and cleaning up after themselves.  Not huge, but important habits!!

The boys have it pretty easy in keeping their rooms clean.  They pretty much just have beds, some books and a few special toys.  Anna, however, is a different story.  She is a creative crafty collector.  That is a combination that makes for a lot of STUFF!  From beads, to fabric, to needlework, to strings, to bells, to rocks, to pieces of garbage that will be made into something creative, her room is a nightmare to organize!  The floor is currently clean.  However, under the bed, the dresser and other hiding places is much to organize.  In the past, I would go through it with her or by myself purging as much as I can, and I am still left with too much stuff.  I am going to have her take a little section at a time and come up with a plan to organize all her things.   I am going to encourage her to put anything she doesn't need right now in a box that we will put in the attic.  Whatever she doesn't use at the end of the year, we will get rid of.  (I will do that for my stuff someday too :-)

Well, we'll see what day two brings......


No comments: