Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting into the Curriculum

You don't need "curriculum" to teach your child God's Word. The Holy Spirit will give you insight as you study and read his Word, what it is you are to teach your children. The curriculum I have created are tools to help you, but please don't feel burdened to use them. You may already be teaching them His truths in a way that is works for your family. If you want the curriculum and don't have them, they are free, just ask and I'll send them to you.


If you are using either the Character Training or Why Do We Pray? curriculum I will be posting a blog to go along with each of those. I tried to figure out a way to make 2 columns - so you could just go to the one that applies to you, but it was not working out for me. So I will just highlight the paragraph for each topic.


Week 1 for Christlike Character Training: Love

Have you noticed any acts of love in your family this week? Or maybe your child has shown love to someone outside your family. Make sure you take note and commend them for this! Any sign of love towards a sibling, a friend etc. should be pointed out so they start recognizing this as something God desires for them. Sibling rivalry has increased between my two boys (18 months apart). The younger one figures out what makes the older one mad, and then does it just to see the reaction. I am reminded as I write this that I need to make sure I point out to them when they are showing love towards each other, and not always getting on them for fighting. Feel free to share ways you have noticed love being shown by your children this week or how you have taught about this topic to them.


Week 1 for Why Do We Pray: Prayer for Direction, Guidance and Wisdom

I love how specifically the servant prayed in this story. I am reminded that my prayers need to be more specific so I know when God is answering me. I shared with the kids that we too are asking for God's direction and guidance in our family as we seek God's will for our future. They know that we want to live on a farm, but now they know that we are seeking God's best for us and not just what we want. My husband and I pray regularly about this, but I had not taken the time to pray about this with the kids.

No comments: