Sunday, October 19, 2008

Satan's Lies

It is my passion that our children will learn God's Word at a young age so when confronted with the world's lies - they will hold on to the truth!

I was so appalled by a movie Brad and I watched this weekend. It was so full of the world's ways and the lies Satan is telling people. We got the movie because it looked like a man and woman who were separated were going to end up back together after the man tells his daughter the story of how he met her mom. Well, after the father explains all of his horrible relationships - hopping from one girl to the next, never being completely satisfied, he finally marries his mom. Well, they were in the process of getting divorced - this memory walk for him was supposed to remind him what made him fall in love with his wife. Instead it reminded him of the woman he had neglected to realize was truly "the one". His daughter wanted him to be happy and encouraged him to go to this other woman and live "happily ever after." My stomach gets filled with knots just thinking about this movie - thinking about the messages people are getting - "If my marriage is failing it must mean I married the wrong person. And if I divorce and marry the right one - then my life will be wonderful for me and my kids." LIES!

So back to my point - Our kids need to know the truth because they are going to be bombarded with the lies of this world.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Do not grow weary in teaching your children the truths found in God's Word - do not give up!

By the way, if you're curious - you can save your money and your precious time by not renting the movie: "Definitely, Maybe".

Susie

1 comment:

Julie said...

I thought the same thing when i watched that movie.