Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pressing On

February came and went filled with sickness, lambing and the starting up of a business.  I thought we would get back on track in March.  Hmmmmm, it is April 10th, and I find myself continuing to procrastinate.  I know I have fallen off the wagon, again.  It is time to humble myself, seek the Lord's help to get back on track and just start again!  I know I will suffer the consequences of not being consistent, but I also know His mercies are new every morning - great is His faithfulness!   Back to the beginning, start with the beds.  They are not being made.  I refuse to accept the fact it is too hard to maintain consistent expectations and just give up.  We are starting again....today!  Day 2 of our crazy snow/icy weather has reminded me that lack of responsibility and boredom lead to chaos, fighting and bickering!  I have one child that is too creative I hardly see her all day as she is busy creating and pretending and reading, etc.  But one child in particular has regular attacks on other members of the family and I think it is a result from his lack of feeling needed and the sense of responsibility.  We had a slumber party in the living room last night with a power outage we experienced.  So I am sitting here typing and watching my children sleep, no school again today.  We will have a family meeting again as they wake up to allow me to apologize for not being consistent, explain the importance of helping with jobs in the house and keeping their belongings in order and that we will once again begin with making our beds and taking care of some important things before we have breakfast. 

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:12-14

No comments: